JahSync: The Free Calendar Sync Solution

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Fixing the sync id problem...

Continuing from the last post I made, I've decided to take the low road - I'm using a simple ID string in the Note/Description field to identify events that are synchronized through Jahsync between the Google calendar and the Palm datebook. The advantage is that this is easy, however, I don't like it, because it's not really portable to other calendar structures (eg., if the note field changes, etc). Also, its just not very elegant. Anyway, since I want to at least get the sync feature stabilized this week, I'll do this for now, but continue thinking about a less invasive event identification alternative.
Another peeve is the non-persistence of the user/password between sessions of the hotsync program. I will be looking at some persistent properties store or registry for the program right quick, since I see it getting pretty tiresome re-entering username and password everytime you start up the computer and want to sync between our PDA and Google. So - those are the current development tasks, I expect to have an update before the week is out, so continue to monitor the site for the updated downloads!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home